GWG Holdings (NASDAQ: GWGH)
GWG is a financial services firm that provides liquidity to seniors who no longer want or need their life insurance policies.
As the first CIO at this fast-paced Fintech firm, I was tasked with developing the technology stack, processes, and compliance needs of the company. It was a challenging and interesting role, and I’m proud of the work I did to help the company grow and succeed.
- Chaired the Information Technology Steering Committee and acted as strategic advisor to the CEO, Board of Directors, and executive management.
- Transformed in-house systems to cloud-based architecture able to support a workforce distributed nationwide.
- Spearheaded the successful development of new Salesforce platforms, leading to the successful management of $4 billion in assets, investments, and life insurance policies.
- Author of policies and practices based on NIST Cybersecurity Framework to satisfy governance, risk-management, and compliance (GRC) requirements.
Established SOC-2 Type I & Type II requirements for subsidiary insurance products based on epigenetic technology.
- Notable Performance Indicators:
- Business uptime > 99.994%
- Reduced budget to < 3.5% of annual operating expense
- Zero vulnerabilities found in annual third-party penetration testing (internal and external)
- Passed multiple third-party security audits, including annual Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) internal controls
- Maintained consistent compliance with many GRC mandates including - HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, and NYDFS